Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fun with Frames

Hello again!  While I was making the letter "I" initial for my friend's baby shower I also made a cute headband frame for her to hang all the adorable headbands for her little girl.  My friends and I actually threw her shower and had a headband making station like this one we found on Pinterest:
bow and headband making station for baby showers || craftiness is not optional
So here is the frame I ended up making to display the ones made at her shower and that she could take home and put in Isabel's room!
Headband frame
Super cute right? And it was pretty cheap to make.  I already had the frame, it was an old one that my mom had which had seen better days and was a weird shape for photos.  I painted it with a small bottle of craft paint that I bought at Hobby Lobby (where else?), and I hot glued the flower in the corner, which I had from a hair clip I made in high school.


For the wire I used some left over from my wedding (originally bought from Hobby Lobby) and secured them to the back of the frame (in the groove where the glass would go) with thumb tacks and twisted the wire with needle nose pliers so it would wrap around the tacks.  Then I hung the head bands with teeny tiny clothes pins from Hobby Lobby.


This little project was so cute, I just had to do more with frames.  So I ventured into the world of Pinterest yet again to find my next frame project and I found it! My sister has an awesome walk in closet in her apartment and at the back she has a full size mirror and a jewelry station top of her wood shoe rack.  I decided her sunglasses needed a cute home after I saw this:
"I was so sick of not having a functional storage space for my sunglasses, so I decided to just make my own. Keeping true to the theme of my room I knew I wanted something with a vintage feel. Not exactly sure how this idea came to me but it was a total "A-ha!" moment! If anyone else out there has a strange, sick addiction to sunglasses, this is an awesome way to keep them organized!"












And here is our version!


Sunglasses holder


My sister and I painted the frame (another of my mom's old ones), and attached black ribbon to the back of the frame with thumb tacks as well.  I'm hoping to find some sort of drawer organizer and frame to make a nail polish holder to put in the closet with this but so far no such luck.  Stay tuned for that.




The last project I did with frames is for the dogs.  Everyone meet Buster!



He's a 2 year old full grown "pit-bull terrier"? We think... Anyway he loves going on walks and I want to keep his leash by the door but didn't want anything to look too cluttered or random.  For a while I just had his leash hanging on a nail....not attractive.  But then I came up with this situation:
Leash holder
Just a frame painted blue with paint that was left at our house after we bought it and the same foam letters from the two initial projects I did and a scrapbook sticker of a paw print in the corner.  Then I put a brushed nickel command hook underneath to hang the leash and voilà, I had myself a good looking dog walking station!  He gets so excited when I walk over and take the leash off the hook.


Hope you enjoyed my fun with frames and don't forget to share your frame projects with me.
Anyone know of any good, shallow, cheap drawer organizers around for the nail polish idea?



No comments:

Post a Comment