Monday, July 7, 2014

Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my new blog! I don't know how good I'm going to be at this whole blogging thing but bear with me.  I know I have the potential to be fairly decent at it and even if the words don't flow easily all the time, the main goal is to share my thrills of completing projects I have found on Pinterest.  It's really one of the most awesome things I've been able to do lately.




I have to admit, this isn't my first attempt at a blog.  I have tried doing a blog about nipping procrastination in the bud but I kept saying, "I don't feel like posting today, I think I'll write one tomorrow."  You can see how that is counter productive right? So this attempt should be far more interesting to me and perhaps I will keep up with the posts.




The first project I wanted to talk about is the adorable initials that people create for kid's rooms or baby showers etc. I found all kinds of pins with cute girl ideas like this one.


DIY - How To Make a ustom Name Monogram






Super cute for a girl right!?  So I created my own version of this for a friend's baby shower.




And I did another for a baby boy:
  Batman boy initial! Its got a cape for goodness sake!




It has a cape for crying out loud!  Probably one of my favorite things I have done ever!  I'm not sure how I'm going to top this one but we'll see what the future holds.




So these are super easy to do.  I just bought the letters from Hobby Lobby which come in a plain wood finish.  Then I painted them with left over paint I had laying around (the purple paint originally coming from Hobby Lobby as well). After the paint was dry I added the letters which are a 3D foam type with adhesive on the back from the scrapbooking section at...you guessed it, Hobby Lobby (I love that place) and then hot glued on the accessories.
For the batman "L" I colored in the letters with a sharpie:
Photo




The methods of hanging each initial I did a little differently.  The "I" was hung by simply hot gluing ribbon to the back of the letter and tying them together to make a bow but the "L" was hung by hot gluing pop tabs to the back of the letter like so:







The letters themselves aren't heavy so this method would work, however I wouldn't recommend using this for projects that weigh more. 


Hope you enjoyed this little project.  Don't forget to check back to see what else I have in store from my ventures on Pinterest, and please share your attempts at cute initials!









No comments:

Post a Comment