Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Print your heart out

There are so many cute signs out there with nice little sayings that probably cost a pretty penny.  I have quite a few things pinned on my boards that I'd love to hang throughout my house.


There are quotes like this that people hang in their laundry rooms for spare pocket change.
KEEP THE CHANGE  Laundry room decor by shoponelove on Etsy
Of course that would involve finding a jar, a piece of wood that matches the size of the jar, the clamp and hardware to mount the jar, and the stencil to put the quote on the wood.  If you ask me, that is too much work.


I found a much simpler and easier way to bring this pin to life! Use a word document!


Just choose the font you like, insert clip art if desired, print, back with cardstock, and frame.  When you're all said and done it looks something like this
Printable word document




Now this isn't in my laundry room because my laundry room is unfinished and gross, so I sort laundry in our master bedroom and I keep the spare change jar right on our dresser.


You can do this with almost quote/saying you would like around the house.


Some more I have done are:


Inspiration
Coffee Quote Sign - I like a little #coffee with my cream and sugar.
Reality
Print quotes from word documents




Inspiration
Be Our Guest Print Guest Room Decor Wedding by WillowCreekCompany, $18.00
Reality
Guest room sign!
For the Be Our Guest sign, I searched for the pretty corners in clip art and I had to rotate one to mirror the other but it was still easy peasy!


Inspiration
DIY -- Put it up in the bathroom and tell him or her or them every day. Just need a whiteboard pen!
Reality
Take turns leaving each other love notes :)
I love this one! Take turns with your hubby or family members filling in the blank. You write with dry erase markers right on the glass and it just wipes off when someone else wants to write something!  Of course if your husband doesn't write things as often as you do, the writing can be on a little too long and you have to use a little windex to get the writing completely off.


Inspiration
Great idea for Valentine's Day gift! Custom HandPainted  Wedding Anniversary by WhatchawantDesign
Reality
Another project down. Just type it up and print off and frame! Easy!


And finally:


Inspiration
This is going in my craftroom!
Reality


Printable
Hope this inspires you to open up word and play around with fonts and clip art! Don't forget to share your creations!















No comments:

Post a Comment