Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Happy Fall to All!!

Happy Fall everyone!  I honestly can't believe it's already Halloween! I don't know where the summer went let alone August and September.  Did you see that time pass?



Fall is probably one of my favorite seasons! I love how fall clothes look on me (especially compared to summer clothes), how nice it feels to cozy up with a sweater and a blanket, sip some hot chocolate, or better yet, a pumpkin spice latte, and just read a book while the weather gets cooler.

Not to mention all the awesome fall decorations I always see on Pinterest!  Some of my favorites are pinned to my fall board:

White Pumpkin Thanksgiving DIY Decor:   Rustic FALL Wall Hanging Burlap Chevron Wreath by ToadstoolPond, $36.00:   Like the Jars surrounded by pumpkins & ready for flatware, flowers or art supplies!  Simple DIY Fall Centerpieces:

I love the white pumpkins and the burlap flowers and the brown tones of the pine cones. I love that fall sign and all the orange and brown and even pops of green in the multi pumpkin box on the right.

I wanted to bring all of this in to my home so I started decorating for fall at the beginning of September.  I've always loved how burlap looks on a table and found this one where it's covering a console table:

For Fall -Burlap table runner with bow (cute and easy!) front table:

But I definitely wanted to put it on my pretty table that I showed off last Christmas in my Pretty new table!! post.

I also think cornucopias go perfectly with fall and Thanksgiving so I put together my own pretty tablescape.




:) It makes me all smiley inside! I love my glittery pumpkins and the fake leaves and the cornucopia.  Let's take a closer look shall we?


It just feels so much like fall.  I'm totally ready to have a great big Thanksgiving meal on this table.  Maybe all its missing is some long tapered candles on candle sticks. (I'll have to get some of those for my little Thanksgiving get together.)

The burlap doesn't stop at the table either.  I couldn't resist putting the rest of the roll I had on the piano too!!


Burlap on ALL THE THINGS!! Just kidding but I do think that Burlap goes best as fall decor. :)

Take a look at the rest of my fall decorations!
This is a fun little project that you can save every year! It's a fake pumpkin from Target and I drew our initial on in sharpie!  Someday I'll thicken up the letter a bit but for now it looks good, and let's be honest, I don't want to ruin it by marking even more.

The picture of my husband and me with the pumpkins was actually an engagement photo but I always like to put it out for fall.  We actually have a picture for every season taken throughout various portions of our relationship (which dates back to 2005 by the way).  It's always fun to swap out the picture when the seasons change.


Of course we have to have a chalkboard sign, like just about everyone else now a days.
It's so much fun to change the message with the events that come up year round!

Hope you enjoyed all my decor! Stay tuned for all my Halloween decorations show and tell in the next few days and get excited, because I made some of them myself, plus they are super cheap to do! Who doesn't love that?

What's your favorite way to decorate for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment